The momentum for G.I.Joe has been really great, and Hasbro wants to keep that momentum going by starting a new bi-monthly question and answer session between you (the fans) and the Hasbro design team members working on G.I.Joe.
Here are the first round of questions we sent Hasbro and the answers they sent back:
- What are the names of the 25 characters being released in the intial 25th Anniversary batch of figures, and when will be able to see images of all 25 figures?
- We have not yet released the full 25 figure names. Images will be released over the coming months including additional releases at July Comicon.
- Are the figures truely 3.75" or are the figures closer to 4" scale? Is it possible to see an image of a classic RAH figure side-by-side with a new 25th Anniversary figure?
- The figures are between 3.75" and 4" scale . depending on the character. Some of the bigger characters are actually slightly taller to show realistic proportions.
- Continuing on past the initial 25 figures, will all 3.75" figures be using the new sculpting style as with the intial 25 figures, or will we see some type of mixture thrown in, like DTC or classic RAH sculpts mixed in?
- Currently the plan is to build on the new 25th style as the new standard for G.I. Joe. We are very excited about the reaction to this style, and we would like to build on the initial success.
- Will the majority of figures being released be as single-carded figures or as some type of multi-pack?
- The initial 10 figures will be released in 2 separate 5-packs, as seen at Toy Fair. The next 15 are single card and will be released in 3 waves of 5.
- Any plans for a new vehicle to be released now that Joe is continuing on into '08 and if so can you give us details? Will they be re-releases of old vehicles or new vehicles based on old designs?
- We're not ready just yet to release 2008 information, but stay tuned.
You can also see other Hasbro Q&A sessions on the following sites:
Also head over to GIJoe.com
to take part in their new online poll where they ask, "Which figure would you want most as the 2008 mail-away figure